Saturday, August 4, 2007

Rapid Penang - A Change to Penang

Ok! As promised, a review about Rapid Penang!
Well Ree Nee and I took the bus on friday actually and I just got lazy to blog about it especially when I can't upload the pix to the pc.
We started our journey at about 4pm when we left Ree Nee's house and when we got to the bus stop it was around 4.04 already and then I started timing the time we waited for the bus and it was around 18++ (I accidentally deleted the stopwatch time!! Stupid me) minutes not more than 18 I'm sure and the sight of 101 of Rapid Penang's bus that leads directly to Teluk Bahang appeared and we got on it. The bus driver asked where were we going and I replied "Prangin, berapa?" and "1 ringgit" was his reply and I told him 2 person so it's 2 person and I deposited RM 2 into the money-collecting-device-thingamajig and he gave me 1 ticket and as I started to walk towards Ree Nee "EH! TICKET TAK AMBIL" and I approached him he asked me "U sudah ambil berapa"
"satu"
"Satu lagi, u dua orang kan"

So here it is, first compliment to Rapid Penang, the bus driver was actually polite and honest so fun~.

Then the bus started leaving from oh yea I forgot to mention we were waiting for the bus at the Phor Tay High School's bus stop. The bus's interior was rather clean and surprising comfy

The left side of the bus from our seat that was at the back,

and the right side.

Ree Nee noticed that there were 4 OKU's seat hmm kinda considerate of them actually.
The first picture I took, compare this with the KGN Hin's bus's review I made last month and you'll know why.
Along with this, 2nd picture taken.
This is a close up of the ticket didn't mean to crumple and don't blame me for the out-focused I was using my handphone ok?
Yea her and her ticket there look there, it says "Rapid Penang'", "RM1.00 Dewasa"


YEAP I'm not complaining


Yet,

As we got to Pulau Tikus onwards, the crowd was starting to gather on the bus and there was a few old uncles and to my frustration is that the young lady on the first pix, the left side of the bus, did not gave up her seat for him!!! How impolite and how mean!!! I got up and squeeze my way through and asked the uncle to sit but..he didn't want to. Aih I'm actually kinda disappointed to see a sight of such.
So here is a reminder,


GIVE UP YOUR SEATS TO ELDERLY PEOPLE AND PREGNANT WOMEN!! THEY NEED IT MORE THAN YOU!

The whole trip on Rapid Penang lasted 22 minutes when we stepped onto ground at Komtar, the stop.

And after we spent a little time at Prangin, we headed towards Komtar Bus Terminal to head home and that was around 7pm when we started to wait for the bus and after 12 minutes 101 came again.
Let me tell you people something else, it was rather a nice sight to see Rapid Penang as an addition to the public transport in Penang. For a change, the public won't need to just to cramp at the KGN Hin's terminal when they wanna head to Gurney or Tanjung Tokong or that area or to Milan to head to... Bayan Lepas area? not sure but yea it was a nice change.

So the way home, it was a sandwiching experience, really! and to my amazement, he (the bus driver) kept picking up customers! argh so cramped! Ree Nee and I was looking for the bell when I spotted it near the exit.. weird as it was rather inconvenient, it should be placed in more locations and easier to be spotted.

When we got back to Phor Tay it was already 730pm so it was a good 28++ minutes ride.
So, after all that sandwiching and bell looking trip, I'd give it a solid A-
So people! Rapid Penang is operational now and is bringing Penang to another level so use more public transport and that will help to save our Earth... Little by Little...OK I ADMIT
Very Very Very Little by Very Very Very Little

1 comment:

iCalvyn.com said...

hopefully those passenger dun "conteng" the bus any more...

iCalvyn.com