Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My fishes

Ok so as promised tonight I'm gonna talk about me setting up the fish. First as you can see the pix below I just prepared the things so to start is easy to wash and first I dipped the newly-brought fishes in a pail of water to acclimatise them as in to get used to the water temperature,
next, I washed the wood over and over and over again just to be sure and while doing that I filled the tank to check if there's any leak and all then after I'm done with washing the wood I started washing the gravel just like mommy would wash the rice before she starts cooking it so you get the idea right?
Then after that, I removed the water from the tank then, I spread the gravel as in to form a base s substrate I think that's what's it's called followed by the wood along with the moss that I tied as I waited for the tank to reveal it's defect and I can tell you it's not very easy and then only I filled the water in the room before I did that I placed a plate or bowl in the tank and poured the water on it so the force of the water will not destroy my base.
Then after that, I fixed up the filter the weird thing was it would make such a noise and not sucking any water up like it should be. Dad said "try pour a bit water into it see" and magically it worked!! so the fishes finally went in...A fish's eye point of view of the fish can be found here by Ree Nee
and by the way, the final product:-
The top view


and the front view

No comments: